GLOBAL PRODUCT MANAGER / IVD products
The Global Product Manager is someone that is highly passionate about product management and product marketing.
She/he is ultimately accountable for driving the overall growth and profitability of the company´s molecular diagnostics portfolio which consists of laboratory developed tests, IVD reagents and laboratory instruments. She/he will be responsible for effectively launching, supporting, and driving organic growth of the entire portfolio; for developing effective plans to communicate the features and benefits of the molecular diagnostics reagents and platforms to target customers.
The Global Product Manager drives market research on current trending products, establishes pricing, trains sales teams, and develops and drives messaging and positioning around products and platforms. She/he will develop and implement product portfolio plans, including definition of new product features and specifications with a big focus on comprehensive and well-planned launch plans. She/he is responsible for providing the tools and training necessary to sales and marketing to achieve top line revenue and gross margin of the molecular diagnostics reagents & platform portfolio.
- Drive development and execution of product marketing strategic plan to establish and maintain company as a leader in the molecular diagnostics field.
- Manage product line portfolio; identify new products to be developed, as well as products to be discontinued to achieve above average market growth.
- Be a product champion and expert for product and platform portfolio.
- Provide additional technical and customer support for assigned products and accounts.
- Regularly conduct voice of customer interviews to understand customer problems, pain points and technology/product needs.
- Manage product life cycle and drive product line rationalization to optimize product line profitability. Gate keeper of overall product line profitability.
- Provide product training to sales, customer, and technical support. Provide external customer and partner training in conjunction with field application scientists and sales, as needed.
- Conduct in-depth competitive analysis, drive competitive benchmarking, and develop and drive effective product positioning.
- Obtain product market share by working with sales to develop product sales strategies.
- Provide justification and design inputs for new product development. Work closely with R&D during product development to ensure new products meet customer requirements. Manage new product change orders, pilot builds, and supply of beta kits for evaluation.
- Coordinate timing of product launch and generation of marketing materials so that Company guidelines are met, and materials are available at time of launch.
- Drive development of technical content and messaging for sales tools including brochures, advertisements, and other materials which provide viable content and positioning for product and distribute via appropriate channel. Assess launch effectiveness upon completion.
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Global Travel up to 40% (CZ, Europe, USA, Canada)
Requirements and Skills
- Technical University degree (molecular biology preferred)
- 3-5 years product management with at least 3 years in the field of IVD (PCR/RT-PCR) is a must
- Demonstrated ability to consistently operate independently, with initiative, and good business judgment
- Team player with the ability to influence and lead projects
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and quickly change priorities based on business needs
- Fluent Czech/Slovak and English